Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Why I Love Summer


I should have posted this blog last week, when it was in the 70's. WTF is up with this weather? It is supposed to get in the low 20's every night for the rest of the week. And highs in the low to mid 40's. Screw that!! I am going back to the Tropics!!

OK, I guess I am staying right here in Iowa, but I wish I was off to the beach somewhere warm 12 months of the year. I have been thinking a lot about summer lately. I love summer. "Why??" You ask. Let me tell you:

I can wear flip-flops, shorts, and a tank top all the time.
I don't have to put on layers of clothing then take them off, then put them back on again, then…you get the point.
THONGS!!!
Driving with the windows rolled down and the music pumped up.
Anything involving water (Lakes, swimming pools, hot tubs, rivers, etc.)
Women laying out at the park catching some rays.
Did I already mention THONGS!!
Going for an evening jog.
Drinking a beer while sitting on the back porch and grilling up some ribs
Drinking a beer while at the lake
Drinking a beer while watching a baseball game
Drinking a beer while watching girls in THONGS!!
Women wearing cut off tops and daisy dukes (added bonus if they have a belly button ring and/or a tattoo in the small of their back.)
Bikinis
No classes and students to deal with for a couple of months.
My annual summer trip (past destinations have included Mexico, Honduras, Dominican Republic, Australia, Fiji, and Colombia)
The State Fair
I also love all those little county fairs and city festivals that they have. Some of those are a blast.
Being able to sleep in
Ice cream, chocolate sauce, ice cubes and a hottie.
These are just 20 things. I could probably go on and on. Things like Thongs on the Beach, Low cut jeans and Thongs, etc. But I will stop at 20. Please feel free to comment and add anything that you like about summer. Stay warm, summer is only a month or so away!!

No comments: