Thursday, March 1, 2007

Sex in the City -- Not what you are thinking!!

I was friends with this hottie a few years ago and she had won a weekend trip to NYC. She invited me along. "Damn!!", I thought, she is finally falling for me!! Why else would she invite me along.

I am not a big NYC fan. It is nice to visit, but I could never live there. Too many people, taxi's, noise, and rude assholes. Don't know why, but everytime I have been there, people tended to be rude to me and the people I travelled with. If we asked for directions, they would look at us like idiots. If we would ask someone for a good Italian Restaurant, they would say "Look in the phone book!!! There are thousands of em here in New York!!!" WHATEVER!!


To make this short, the first two days were pretty cool. We went to the Museum of Art, a Broadway play, partying at clubs, etc. We got drunk!! Messed around a little. I was making progress.

But the last full day was horrible. She wanted to surprise me with a special tour. I am all for surprises and I thought maybe this was the breakthrough. She was planning a romantic day together. Something unforgettable.

We ate a brunch at the Waldorf Astoria hotel. One of the best brunches I have ever had. Then we went to near Times Square to get on a tour bus. I had no clue what the tour was. It was mostly women on the tour, so I thought it couldnt be all that bad.

The tour gets started with a video of scenes from the TV show "Sex in the City"
"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?" I thought!!

Turns out she had booked a tour to see the sights shown on that stupid TV show. IT was a sex in the city tour!! The whole time we were in NY she had been relating parts of it to the series"this is where Carrie might have been" etc. She was addicted to that show. So here we are on this tour. I am already on the bus and wishing to get off. But it is moving. DAMN!!!

It ended up being a 3 hour tour of some of the sex in the city filming locations. There were several times I almost made a run for it when we had stopped. I decided at one stop to by a 20 oz beer to take on the bus. I figured maybe I could get drunk and at least enjoy it a little.

They tourguide said "You!!! No alcohol on the bus!!"

I countered and tried to rationalize with him "Isn't this whole show about sex, alcohol, and having a good time?"

The tour lady was not amused. I went off the bus and pretended to throw it away, but I managed to sneak it back on and chugged it down before the next stop.
I openly voiced my displeasure at this tour. The tour guide was a loony -she knew her sex in the city stuff.They even had tv monitors in the bus to show cuts of scenes to refresh your memory after she pointed out the actual location. We stopped into the adult shop where Charlotte bought her rabbit and my girl got a sex in the city board game. I didn't even know they had a board game!!!!

We also stopped and had a famous cupcake (The cupcake wasnt that great BTW) and then walked to Carries apartments stoop for photos . The last stop we had was cosmos(not sure if that is right, I am not up on this Sex City lingo!!!!) in Aidan and Steves bar Scout

It was a shitty tour, unless you were a fan of that show. I kept making stupid comments and putting the show down. I thought maybe I could get kicked off the tour and end my misery!! Didnt work. I had to stick it out. OH MY GOD!!! I was so bored and annoyed. My girl didnt even notice. She was so into the tour.

I cannot believe people get this into TV shows. The tourguide said they run one tour each evening during the week and four tours on Sat and Sun. And they almost always sell out.

Anyway, this ruined the last day of the trip. She kept apologizing, saying she thought I watched the show!!!!! I asked her to think of a time I even mentioned that show and she could only think of one (I kept saying that Sara Parker Bitch is an anorexic Whore!!!) and she took that to assume I watch it. I dont think I have even seen one whole show. To me, it seems like a chick TV show.

No comments: